4 Simple Ways to a Healthy Home
A Healthy Home is the safest, healthiest, cleanest place in the whole world.
We’ve put together some pretty easy things you can do to make your family safer and your home healthier. And, as it turns out, what’s good for your home is good for the earth and everyone else on it, too. So let’s get started making a healthy home.
1. Get the dirt. Educate yourself about the toxic chemicals you bring into your home at http://www.householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/products.htm
2. Have a clean-for-all. Put on the gloves and get rid of the nasty stuff in your home. Responsibly, of course. Your local waste collection service has guidelines for proper household hazardous waste disposal, as well as collection sites for things like paint, batteries, and cleaners. Whatever you do, please don’t toss this stuff in the garbage.
Cleaners that are truly cleaner. Shaklee’s Get Clean offers product choices that are: nontoxic, natural, biodegradable, concentrated, and hypoallergenic. To learn more, CLICK HERE.
• Fresh air. Open your windows to reduce indoor air pollution.
• Essential oils. Use these instead of air fresheners.
• Plants. Besides being nice to look at, they can absorb harmful gases and help clean the air.
• Organic cotton bedding. Avoid standard bedding treated with chemicals.
• Floors made of recycled and renewable resources.
• Healthier paint. That new paint smell can be as nasty as it smells. Choose low VOC paint instead.
• Compact fluorescent lighting. They last a whole lot longer.
• Energy Star-rated appliances. Save money and energy.
• A low-flush toilet. Replace the largest user of water in your house. Ultra low flushers cut water use by one-fifth.
• Low-flow showerheads. Same pressure. Less water.
• Your flicker finger. Turn off lights and appliances when you’re not using them.
• Gray water system. Install one to recycle used household water for your lawn.
• Tankless water heater. Save money, energy, and space in the broom closet.